ETYMON PROJECTS AND PRIVACY
Etymon Projects is a hospitality group that owns and operates world-class hospitality lifestyle & leisure concepts and collects and handles personal information.
Etymon Projects (‘Etymon’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information and being open and transparent in how we handle and deal with personal information.
2. COMPLIANCE WITH PRIVACY ACT
In collecting, holding, using, disclosing, and otherwise managing personal information, we will comply with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Act, personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of our hospitality and related services we may collect your personal information.
Etymon Projects will provide a diverse range of hospitality, services, and experiences and as a result, the kinds of personal information that we may collect will vary depending on our interaction with you. However, the kinds of personal information we may collect would include:
- contact and identification information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- information regarding your ordering history, food or beverage or other dining preferences.
- payment information, such as credit card or other payment details.
- information regarding the event you may host with us including information about your guests and any relevant requirements.
- information regarding your experience at one of our venues; and
- information about you, your employment history, qualifications, and references where you apply for a role with us or one of our venues.
We also collect CCTV footage at any of our venues, including for venue, patron, and employee safety purposes. Details of suspected or actual illegal or improper conduct (including CCTV footage relating to that conduct) may be shared with relevant law enforcement or regulatory bodies.
4. HOW ETYMON COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we collect your personal information directly from you in circumstances such as where:
- you make a reservation with us.
- you join one of our mailing lists, fill out a survey, enter a promotion, request services or otherwise provide us with your details.
- you dine at or attend an Etymon venue.
- you sign up to or participate in our loyalty program.
- you provide feedback to us regarding your experience with us.
- you post information to any of our social media sites.
- you attend an Etymon event; or
- you apply for or express an interest in employment with us.
In addition to the above direct methods of receiving your personal information, there may be occasions when we collect your personal information from someone other than you, such as:
- an information services provider.
- a publicly available source of information including social media and similar websites.
- a referee or previous employer where you apply for a role with us; or
- a recruiter where you are approached for a role with us.
5. PURPOSES FOR WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
We collect and use personal information to inform and refine our hospitality and services and to interact with you in relation to our services and venues.
Examples of the purposes for which we do so include to:
- take reservations for Etymon venues.
- manage and administer the provision of our services and our relationship with you.
- verify your identity.
- maintain venue, patron and employee safety.
- enable us to supply you with information you request from us.
- conduct promotions, competitions, giveaways and events.
- contact you to obtain your feedback regarding your experience with us.
- provide you with marketing information regarding Etymon Projects and our venues.
- comply with any obligations we have under any applicable laws; and
- consider any application you make for employment with us.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to us. However, without certain information from you, we may not be able to provide services or information to you or may be limited in how we can interact with you.
6. DIRECT MARKETING
We may use and disclose your personal information to inform you of promotions, competitions, giveaways, events, products or services that may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent using email, telephone, SMS, social media or other similar forms of communication.
7. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- the companies or other entities within the Aqualand Group.
- our service providers and contractors and other third parties that provide products or services to us such as technology, data analytics, bookings or reservation systems and event service providers; and
Etymon’s auditors, tax, insurance, legal or other professional advisors.
We may also disclose your personal information for other purposes where we notify you of the disclosure at or about the time of collecting the information, with your consent or if the disclosure is required or authorised by law. Examples of disclosure that may be required or authorised by law include disclosure to law enforcement bodies or liquor and gaming regulators.
8. COOKIES AND WEBSITE STATISTICAL INFORMATION
We may collect statistical information when you access our websites and any online platforms available via our websites, by utilising features and technologies of your internet browser, including cookies and pixel tags. We use this information to analyse how our websites and online services are being used and to improve our websites and online services and customise them. These technologies do not specifically identify you unless you expressly provide to us personally identifiable information. You may also elect to turn off the internet browser features which allow us to collect statistical information by selecting certain options on your browser.
9. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take the security and protection of the personal information we hold seriously and take every reasonable step to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Your personal information will be kept on databases held on servers kept in a physically and technologically secured environment, accessed only by authorised personnel. Where personal information is held in hard copy, it will be held in controlled, access restricted premises which only authorised personnel or contractors will be permitted to access.
We will destroy personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
10. CONTACTING US
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications or make a privacy complaint, please contact us using any of the following contact details:
PRIVACY COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Phone: 02 9228 9852
Post: Level 36, Australia Square, 264 George St, Sydney NSW 2000
Please direct all privacy complaints to our Privacy Compliance Officer.
We will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours of receipt and endeavour to resolve it within 14 days. If we are unable to finalise within this time frame, we will inform you, unless we inform you and seek agreement from you in writing.
Once we have investigated your complaint, we will inform you. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.